What is the RPPS?
The Shared Directory of Health, Social work and Medico-Social Professionals (RPPS) is a record of every health professional authorised to practice in France. It is the reference directory for all professionals involved in the healthcare system.
This directory is meant to:
- Identify professionals in practice, who have practiced or may be practising;
- Follow the activity of these professionals, assess the education level of interns and students;
- Contribute to deliverance procedures and certification products updates;
- Help conduct studies and statistics analyses relating to these professionals;
- Obtain a digital ID (CPS, e-CPS) to allow the secure sharing of data.
The information contained in the RPPS is certified by professional associations, the Army Health Service (SSA) and Regional Health Agencies (ARS).
The data contained in the RPPS is published in the ANS’ Health Pro Directory, as well as the information contained in ADELI (the ADELI ID) and FINESS.
A reliable source, the RPPS helps with the health system regulations in France: it is updated daily and accessible online. Therefore, integrating the RPPS may help you:
- Verify the identity and activity status of health professionals;
- Use the data for communications;
- Set up a service with a high authentication factor.
Discover and use the RPPS
The RPPS ID is a unique identification number, which is valid for the entire practice of a health professional. It should appear on prescription sheets.
It is connected to specific elements:
- Name, first name(s), date of birth of the individual;
- Qualification, place of practice, CPS card number, diploma information.
The RPPS provides you with:
- Verified and up-to-date information imported by national record authorities;
- A simple registration process through a unique portal;
- More accessible health data;
- Statistical escalations, useful to conduct studies;
- A fast tool in the event of a sanitary crisis.
Restricted-access information: some of the data contained in the RPPS is restricted. The 18 April 2017 decree, which deals with the creation of a treatment process for personal sensitive data (the RPPS) sets out these limitations.
Key service dates
6 February 2009
The RPPS is created
ONI Project: 700,000 nurses in the ADELI directory become referenced in the RPPS
RPPS+ : the RPPS opens up to professionals of the medico-social and social work sectors
EPARS Project: the remaining 400,000 health professionals are integrated in the RPPS
Frequently Asked Questions
The ANS answers the most common questions about the RPPS
The RPPS has restricted access content. You need to log in to the Health Pro Directory to access these data. The use of a CPS card as means of authentication is required:
- if you carry a Director of Establishement (CDE) card or a liberal CPS card, you may automatically access the information whose access is granted to you;
- in other cases, accessing the directory with a CPx-type card may need a prior enrolment process with the ANS. You will need to fill a RPPS access request form.
You need a card reader in order to authentify yourself with a CPx-type card.
For further information, read our pages to the CPS and e-CPS.
There are two search options in the Health Pro Directory:
- A keyword search (Who ? What ? Where ?) that allows you to find professionals in matching establishments;
- A detailed search (Profession, specialisation, skills, ID, place of practice) to target health professionals or health structures.
The national ID is on the first line of your CPS card:
- Add a “8” before your RPPS ID, for example: 81234567890 ;
- Add a “0” before your ADELI ID, for example: 01234567890.